Safety Tips for Injured Clients in Indianapolis
What You Should Do If You Have Been Injured
- DO see your doctor if you are in pain
- DO keep your doctor's appointments
- DO follow your doctor's advice and instructions for recovery
- DO tell your doctor about any medical problems that occur as a result of the accident
What You Should NOT Do If You Have Been Injured
- DO NOT discuss your case with anyone other than your attorney or your doctor
- DO NOT give any statements (oral, written, or recorded) to anyone concerning your accident or injuries without first getting the approval of your attorney
- DO NOT make any incorrect statements about prior injuries or accidents to any doctor who treats or examines you (if you don't remember, then say so)
- DO NOT change your address or employment without first notifying your attorney
Important Things to Remember When You Have Been Injured
Please inform your attorney immediately of any change in address, telephone number, or employment.
If your vehicle sustained damage, be sure to take pictures before any repairs are made. Take at least a roll's worth of pictures in color.
Save any and all pill bottles, casts, braces, or items given to you by your doctor.
Provide your attorney with any pictures or video of the accident and/or accident scene.
Report and keep detailed records of any job-related changes such as duties or salary to your attorney.
Obtain and save all receipts itemizing any and all incurred expenses as a result of your accident. Receipts must be legible and dated, and must contain complete vendor identification.
Tell your attorney about anything that may possibly have bearing on the case, including extensive medical treatment or hospitalization.
You May Be Watched and Photographed
Because insurance companies routinely investigate an injured person's background during a claim, you may be put under surveillance. If you believe you are being watched, contact your attorney and try to avoid the camera. Do not exaggerate your limitations or pose for the camera.
Call or email Wegner & Associates today to discuss your case with no obligation.